Saturday, June 18, 2011

Couch Potato Madness: Green Lantern: A Movie Review


Yesterday, since it was my vacation leave from work, I decided to watch Green Lantern at SM DasmariƱas. The movie stars Ryan Reynolds and Blake Lively.

This is the story of Hal Jordan who was chosen by the ring first worn by Abin Sur, a member of the Guardians Of The Universe who died after escaping from Parallax, the main antagonist of the film. The theme of the movie is conquering one's fear. It was stated that the ring becomes stronger if the person wearing it has a strong will.

I was a bit fascinated with the trailer when I first saw the entire movie, I realized that it was just like the other movies I've seen recently, it did not exceed my expectations. The first part was boring and honestly, I almost feel asleep. Although, there are funny moments that is not enough to suffice what I've been looking for in a film. I just regained the interest to continue watching it in the middle part. Over-all, if I would rate the film just like the others, I would give it 3 stars because there is no wow factor.

No comments:

Post a Comment