Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Music Zone: OPM Artist Of The Week: Angeline Quinto


When I logged in to Facebook today, the first status message I saw that caught my attention was a video post of my friend Thomas Ynan showcasing the performance of Angeline Quinto of the song I'll Never Say Goodbye. I'm hearing a lot of good feedback with this girl, so she is our featured OPM artist for today.

Angeline Quinto is the grand winner of Star Power: The Search For the Next Female Popstar in ABS-CBN hosted by Sharon Cuneta. She is from Sampaloc, Manila. The first time I saw her perform was in ASAP Rocks last Sunday with the song "Bukas Na Lang Kita Mamahalin". After I watch the entire video, I was amazed by her vocal range. Damn, she's really good, In addition to that, she also resembles the Asia's Songbird Regine Velasquez. Is this just coincidence or is she really the next Regine Velasquez?


Because she is a rising star, intrigues always hunts her. There are reports where she has attitude problems after winning the said contest. She is always being compared to the Pop Princess Sarah Geronimo. People requests that the two must have a showdown. But Sarah said she is not comfortable doing it because she admitted, she is not a "biritera" just like Angeline. Well, that's one of the fruits of being famous... INTRIGUES...

Here are some of her performances:

I DON'T WANT TO MISS A THING


BUKAS NA LANG KITA MAMAHALIN


I hope that once Regine Velasquez comes back after giving birth to her baby, they can have a concert together, and I'm gonna watch out for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment