Duets is what we call when two people collaborate on a particular song. Honestly, I'm so fascinated once I hear songs of this genre. I can't help but to sing along. It seems that I feel the love that the song wants me to feel. With this, I checked the best love duets of all time. Here is the TOP 10 BEST DUET LOVE SONGS OF ALL TIME:
10. "You and I"- This 1982 love song duet is performed by country music stars Eddie Rabbit and Crystal Gayle. This single became a big country music crossover hit. The over-the-top combination of the singers' voices let music lovers know that both stars could share the spotlight.
9. "Almost Paradise"- Loverboy lead singer Mike Reno and Heart singer Ann Wilson sang this song in 1984 when the movie "Footloose" debuted. It quickly became a top ten hit love song duet peaking at number seven on the Billboard Charts. The vocals are a perfect match on this best love song duet.
8. "Baby Come To Me"- This R&B single performed by James Ingram and Patti Austin was released in 1982. The smooth R&B tone is heard throughout the song and makes lovers want to sway hips and caress. It's another exceptional love song duet.
7. "The Next Time I Fall"- "Chicago's" lead singer Peter Cetera and Amy Grant perform this 1986 classic love song duet with it being featured on Cetera's album "Solitude/Solitaire". The combined vocals tell of a sweet budding romance between two people and what will happen when a meeting takes place.
6. "Never Gonna Let You Go"- This 1983 song's fame is credited to band Sergio Mendez with singers Joe Pizzulo and Leza Miller on vocals. The combined vocals hit every note and the lyrics tell of unconditional love. It's a faultless addition to the top ten best love song duets.
5. "Endless Love"- Performed in 1981 by super stars Lionel Richie and Diana Rossi, this song catapulted to the top of the Billboard Charts after the release of the self-titled movie. The breathless singing by both singers is phenomenal and holds a high ranking as one of the top ten best love song duets of all time.
4. "It's Your Love"- This song was the first single released from country music star "Tim McGraw's" 1997 Album "Everywhere". Singing along side her husband is country songstress Faith Hill in this dynamic love song duet. The song reaches the hearts of all who listen.
3. "Tonight I Celebrate My Love For You"- This love song duet was performed in 1983 by Peabo Bryson and Roberta Flack and was a huge success for both singers. It was in the top 25 hit singles that year and the smooth melodic lyrics are perfect for an evening of slow dancing and romance.
2. "Cruisin'" - Gwyneth Paltrow and Huey Lewis performed a cover of the song in the 2000 film Duets. The song is included on the soundtrack of the film. The duet spent one week at number one on the Adult Contemporary chart.
1. "Always" - was the second single from All In The Name Of Love, the seventh album from R&B group, Atlantic Starr. The song went to number one on both the Hot Black Singles and Billboard Hot 100 charts in June 1987. The song also spent two weeks atop the U.S. adult contemporary chart. In July, it also topped the Canadian RPM 100 national singles chart, where it remained for two weeks.
I hope I can find my own duet... =)