Sunday, May 1, 2011

Music Zone: International Artist Of The Week: Whitney Houston


While I'm cleaning my room a while ago, I saw an old album of Whitney Houston entitled "My Love Is Your Love", a CD I bought when it was launched in 1998. Most of the songs are upbeat. So I thought of featuring Whitney Houston and her greatest hits in today's Music Zone.

Whitney Houston is one name that everybody considers as a DIVA together the likes of Mariah Carey, Barbara Streisand and Celine Dion. Her forte is RnB and Pop. She is hailed as the most awarded female artist of all time according to Guiness World Records. She is a mezzo-soprano singer and when I listen to her songs, I'm really amazed by her vocal range. Her songs are always used for singing competitions. She was also noted for her movie "The Bodyguard" with Kevin Costner.

My Top Five Whitney Houston Songs

5. One Moment In Time (1988) - is an Emmy Award winning song written by Albert Hammond and John Bettis, and recorded by American singer Whitney Houston for the 1988 Summer Olympics and the 1988 Summer Paralympics held in Seoul, South Korea.


4. I Will Always Love You (1992) - Whitney recorded this song for the movie "The Bodyguard" where is she the leading star paired up with Kevin Costner.



3. Miracle (1991) - is the third single from Whitney Houston's multi-platinum third album, I'm Your Baby Tonight. It was written and produced by L.A. Reid and Babyface.


2. Run To You (1993) - is a song performed by Whitney Houston and is the fourth single released from The Bodyguard: Original Soundtrack Album.



1. Saving All My Love For You (1985) - is the second hit single from Whitney Houston's self-titled debut album. This jazzy ballad is about a love affair with a married man, and the singer is "saving all her love for him".


Whitney's songs will live forever and will always be cherished, that's for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment