Sunday, April 24, 2011

Music Zone: My Top Girl Groups Of All Time


Last week, if I can remember, I've featured boy bands that made it in industry of the 90's. This time, on Music Zone, it's the girls turn. Presenting, my top girl groups of all time. Get ready as they shake their booties, be enticed with their charm and get to know the real meaning of GIRL POWER!

All Saints - a British/Canadian group consist of four ladies, namely, Melanie Blatt, Shaznay Lewis, and the sisters Nicole and Natalie Appleton. Their best song for me is "Never Ever".



Pussycat Dolls - an American female group led by Nicole Scherzinger together with Melody Thornton, Ashley Roberts, Jessica Sutta and Kimberly Wyatt. Nicole has a Filipino blood that is why this group was loved in the Philippines. They are very well known when it comes to their singing, sexy and amazing dance moves. Their best hit was 'When I Grow Up".



TLC - an RnB and pop female group consists of Tionne "T-Boz" Watkins, the late Lisa "Left Eye" Lopes and Crystal Jones. I like their song "No Scrubs".



Destiny's Child - debuted in 1997. Originally, they were four in the group however, one left and the group still continue to manage to entertain audience with their singing and dancing capabilities. Led by Beyonce Knowles, the other two members were Kelly Rowland and Michelle Williams. I'm so thrilled everytime I hear their song "Emotions".



Spice Girls - the best girl group for me. They are the best selling girl group of all time and made the words "GIRL POWER" a craze. The group is composed of Melanie C. (Sporty Spice), Melanie B. (Scary Spice), Geri Halliwell (Ginger Spice), Victoria Beckham (Posh Spice) and Emma Bunton (Baby Spice). They've been through a lot, Ginger Spice left and came back and they even had a reunion concert as well. If I'm gonna pick their best song, that would be "Stop".



Can't get enough of the songs featured? Each group has other songs that became hits and their songs will remain forever! Go Girls!

No comments:

Post a Comment